I will attempt to recap our Christmas and New Year's for your reading enjoyment.
Christmas- Joe's family has two must do traditions for Christmas. The first is a family talent show followed by a visit from the man in the red suit. Our girls love to sing so Dad and the kids sang Angels We Have Heard on High while I accompanied them on the piano. The other tradition is a re-enactment of the nativity while someone reads from Luke 2. This is always done on Christmas Eve. This year Rebecca was an Angel, Savannah was one of two Marys, Little Joe was the only Joseph, and Joe was the narrator.
As for Christmas with the Lofgreen Family it was very quiet. We were recruited to go Christmas Caroling with Mom and Dad again this year. I think my mother is the only person who still believes in Caroling. I am not sure what my family thinks about it but we have done it for a number of years. Without any silbings and their families visiting for Christmas things were done differently this year. Instead of us bring Christmas to Mom and Dad's they brought Christmas to us. They (along with Karena) got up Christmas morning and loaded their gifts into the car and drove around to visit each child that lives here (AZ). So we exchanged gifts with them at our house and then met up with everyone for dinner at Mom's.
As for a who got what: (Best gift)
Dad- Sparky License Plate
Mom- New warming throw (a heated blanket)
Rebecca- MP3 Player
Savannah- Mom's old HP Digital Camera (she takes it everywhere with her)
Little Joe- 3 Transformers
Kiley- a Gym to lay under
New Year's- We spent New Year's Eve with Mom and Dad at their house. Mom had invited everyone here over for dinner and games but we ended up being the only ones that made it. They also invited over a new convert to the church and her two girls. The adults and Rebecca played games while the other kids just played whatever. I really enjoyed playing the games that we did and we even got Dad to play with us! Time went by fast because we were all having such a good time. I decided that I did not want to have to drive home (45 mins) at 1am so we stayed the night. It was nice not to have to drive home but I have to say I did not sleep well. I don't like that bed in Grandma's old room. (I am glad I don't have to sleep on it unless I want to. :P)
Well I think that does it for our holiday excitement! Hope it wasn't too much of a bore.
4 comments:
Sounds like you guys had some good holidays and I am glad to hear that. We are sorry we missed you new years eve, but figured you wouldn't want to be exposed to the strep virus that we were harboring against our will. Glad you guys had fun without us. Take care.
We missed your family too and hope that you are all feeling well soon.
EM
Savannah mentioned the telescope and microscope she got as her favorite gifts. She said she made out pretty well this year. :)
Yes, all the kids made out very well this year. As far as her favorite gift like all kids it might change every min. :)
Post a Comment