I have been haunted at nights by three specific areas that have a huge impact on our lives: jobs, houses, and cars.
Jobs- Joe and I have been married for just over 11 years and job/career wise he has had four very different jobs. 1. Discover Card- about 6 years. 2. Teaching- 3 full school years (The job he says he really loved, but not the politics) 3. Edward Jones- just over 1 1/2 years. (For those who haven't heard- He was forced to resign Monday on this week.) 4. Yesterday he accepted a job for a company called ETeleCare and will start Monday.
Ultimately he would love to return to teaching in a school classroom.
Houses- We bought our first home in Glendale about three months before Rebecca was born. The monthly payments were about the same for a two bedroom apartment where we were living. It was a good LITTLE starter house. House Number Two- In El Mirage just before Joe was born. Big house, everything picked by us, but BAD neighbors. Current House- In Surprise since April 05. While the house is much smaller than the last one, the neighborhood is way better. We have done more in this house to make it "home" than we have done anywhere. I am fine with the amount of room, we just have too much JUNK! I really hope that we will be able to stay here for a long while, because I really like the location and the neighbors we have a much better than the last ones.
Cars- I came into my marriage with my shadow and Joe came with a VW Bug. I think for the more part mine was a great little car.
Our first car together was A Ford Escort. That car was just bad from the beginning. Our second car was a Mini-van. Then just after our warranty expired the head gasket blew and that was going to be a major repair. So we traded it in for car number three- A Malibu which turned into a 2002 Chevy truck. Joe and I both have always wanted a truck, but boy they are gas guzzlers. Now it is 2006 and baby number four is on the way and my shadow has seen better days. So in December 06 we said goodbye to the only steady thing we have ever owned and hello to car number four- A Chevy Impala. The Impala is very nice and has become the "family car". Yes, it is very full with everyone in it.
Now with a bigger family and Joe's huge commute he is itching to get a different car. That will mean goodbye truck and hello car number five.
Will the days of change ever stop or are we creatures that thrive on a change? I think we need help and fast!
1 comment:
It was great seeing you all yesterday! I hope we can do it more often... you've got a wonderful, beautiful family. I love you guys!!!
Post a Comment