Friday, January 4, 2008

Out with the old and in with the new!

With the new year I have done it as you can see- gone more hi-tech! In attempts to improve relationships with siblings and extend family members I have joined the list of bloggers.

When Karena started college my girls and I began writing weekly updates to her. After a few weeks I began to think that I should include the rest of my siblings, so I began sending my updates to all of my immediate family members. This worked pretty good at first and I was excited to see that others began to follow my lead. While I enjoyed reading about the lives of my siblings and their families I was sad because not everyone participated. I admit that some weeks were harder to write about than others, but we tried. Slowly it became maybe once a month and then I just stopped. I am not sure why I stopped.

Then a few months ago Debra had the idea and started up a family group website. I was excited about the site as it was her attempt to restart what I had started and let go. In the beginning the site was visited frequently and used by a few of us but since the postings of Thanksgiving Day plans not much has taken place there. And that is what has ultimately brought me here.

So we invite you to stop by and read whenever you get the chance and we request nothing in return but that you enjoy reading about our little family.

Emily

4 comments:

Debra said...

Write about your Christmas. Do you have pictures you can post too? It felt weird not spending Christmas with my family and instead spending it with my new family I married into. I still haven't heard much about who got what and what happened, though.

Oh, and welcome! :)

Skot the Fabulous said...

Yes Emily. Thanks for all you have tried to do for the communication of the family. This way you can let us all know what is going on without stepping on any toes. I look forward to many posts from you and hearing about your family. P.S. I think Debra's link is for a different Emily. LOL

Debra said...

I have one for my friend Emily in Australia, but the one that says "Joe & Emily" is for this blog.

The McKnights said...

Thanks for the warm welcome. I am still trying to figure out how to make this work the best for me so give me some time. I will also have to set so limits for myself or I might not ever get off this computer but I look forward to Blogging with everyone.- EM