Thursday, August 14, 2008

What a great day!

What a day yesterday was. I get in the car to take my kids to school and it wont start. I have Joe bring me the phone and I call my neighbor and ask if I can get a jump and she tells me I have to wait for her husband to get back from the Gym. So we wait unitl he gets home. After hooking up the jumper cables my car starts right up. I quickly tell him thank you and pile the kids in the car again and rush to get them to school on time. (School is about 40 mins away.) Luckly traffic was unusually light and they were there with time to spare. The car worked fine the rest of the day, but I decided I better stop to have the battery tested. So after I picked Joe up from school I drove to a checkers where the man told me I would have to get a new battery. He was nice enough to even put it in for me. However, the battery that the computer said was in my car was not the right one. So have two trys and 30 mins later, he had the right battery in my car and I was on my way back to school to pick up the girls.


About 10 mins from home I was hit while sitting at a stop light. The interestion where I was stopped has one through lane, right turn lane, and a left turn lane. I was stopped when the through lane branches off into the left turn lane. The driver behind me thought that she could squeeze past me but she didn't make it. She claims that she was in a hurry to get to a gas station because her car was over heating. When needless to say she didn't get to a gas station very quickly. It just so happened that an officer from Surprise was traveling that same road in the same direction so he stopped to help with the switching of information. I think we were stopped for at least 30 mins and it was HOT and I had all four kids in the car. We are all fine, but now I will have to play the waiting game with her insurance company to get my car fixed.

1 comment:

Debra said...

did a voodoo doctor jinx your car yesterday or something? that sucks!