Today I am going to step away from my usual posts and share my thoughts of the last few weeks. Recent events that have happened with Joe's siblings and their families have caused me to think a lot about family.
I am so grateful to my parents for teaching me the gospel and the importance of going to church each week. Along with this they taught me the importance of reading scriptures, praying, and holding family home evening. I am grateful that they taught me how to work (through doing household chores) . I am grateful that my mom taught me to love music (through learning to play the piano), how to cook, sew, to serve others, and to be unselfish. I am grateful that my dad taught me basic car care (it has come in handy).
I am grateful to each one of my siblings for the examples they are to me and to my children. Although we are not as close as I would like, I still look up to each one of them (older and younger). I am grateful to have lived so close to my parents and younger sisters because many of them have reached out to my children and taught them important lessons through example. As my family (the Lofgreens) prepares to finish one chapter of life and continue with the next, I am grateful that my children have been able to see many of my siblings get married and learn the importance of temples and temple marriages.
I am grateful to my Uncle Leon and Aunt Pat and their children that live in state. Although we might not to able to get together as much as we would like your love and support mean so much to me. Thank you for not only loving me and showing it but for loving my little family. We all truly enjoy the times we have spent together.
I am grateful for each member of the McKnight family. Each one of you are been a huge example to me. To those that have left this life I too am grateful for the examples they left me and my family. Julie was a huge help to my family when my grandma was ill and her selfless service meant so much to me. I see the relationships/closeness his sisters have with each other and hope to one day have that with my own sisters or even one of them. (I am trying.) I am grateful for the examples of your children. Many of them have been examples not only to my children but also to me. Many of your sons have allowed us the privilege of helping them achieve their Eagle Scouts. This have been a huge example of service to my children and because of these opportunities I believe that my children have come to truly enjoy serving and helping others.
Thanks again to each of you and know that I love each one of you very much.
No comments:
Post a Comment