Joe tells me I need to pull the girls out of school early and be home and ready to leave by 4pm. I asked for more information since he works until six and I was told that someone I did not know would be coming to pick me up but that it would be ok. "Trust Me", he said. To ease my nerves he then told me I would be alone for a while but then I would be with people I know. I began to wonder if this was a family thing or a church thing. I knew someone else had to be involved. I just did not know who and to what extend.
At about 4pm the doorbell rings and there is a driver for a stretch hummer at my door. I was given a few clues to the evening when the driver called me by the wrong last name . I now knew it was a family thing and that my brother-in-law (Scott) was in one it. I was led out to a red carpet in front of the door to the Hunner and I was also told that we were heading to Anthem to pick up someone else. Since Scott was involved I figured out that we were going to get his brother Brian and his wife Tracey. After getting lost twice we finally arrived and they joined me on the voyage in the hummer. From there we begin picking up all of the McKnight women, Scott's mom and Grandma, and my husband (from work). (None of the women knew what was going on. Everyone was totally surprised!) After three hours in the Hummer (for me) and being joined by 14 other adults we were headed off to dinner.
We arrived at Claim Jumpers for dinner and Scott has arranged two red roses in a vase for each mom with a personalized card written by our husbands. These vases and cards were placed on the table as we were seated. It was all so nice. It took a long time for us to get our food, but I have learned to expect that when you are will a huge group.
After dinner we piled back in the Hummer and began the trips home. Since Joe had to work until six he parked his car at a Harkins movie theater across the street from work. So at around 9:30 on a Friday night we were dropped off outside a Harkins by a stretch hummer. We got into our truck and headed home.
What a wonderful surprise and evening it was.
3 comments:
*takes notes for my husband*
Emily what a fantastic treat. YOu are a special lady and deserve special treatment. Tammi Auayfuay
What fun!! It's only happened a few times that my siblings and their spouses all are together without the children. It's so much fun!!
Post a Comment