Monday, May 4, 2009

Hit by a drunk driver!

Ok, so here is Joe's contribution to this blog site and he demands that it gets it's own posting.

Friday night after work (around 8 or so) we all piled into the truck and headed up to Home Depot to get more supplies for the backyard. As we walked out of the store and approached the truck, Joe and the girls watched someone back into the rear of truck and then speed off. Joe yelled, "they just hit the truck." He took of running and jumped into the truck and took off to chase down the car. So there I am in the middle of Home Depot's parking lot at closing time with two carts and four kids. I walked back over toward to store to wait for him to return. Immediately little Joe starts in with the "What ifs". After about five mins of that I told him enough was enough and that if dad really loved us he would not leave us there. He would come back.

A few mins later he was back with all the information you could have asked for from the Lady that hit him. He said that he thought she was drunk and I told him call the Police. Now we had to wait for someone to show up to take a statement from him. Once the Officer arrived she informed us that she has others out looking for this women and if they found her they would let us know.

Well we never heard from them so I assume that they did not find her. Oh well. At least we were not in the truck when it got hit. Joe has called the lady's insurance to place a claim on her insurance for any possible damage. He is scheduled to have it looked at tomorrow so we will have to wait and see if any real damage was done.

No comments: