Thursday, May 1, 2008

School is running out!

Well it is that time of year again- the countdown to the end of the school year. There are exactly three weeks of school left. I find myself like most parents not ready at all. I have no plans for what to do with my children and how to keep them from fighting with each other and being bored. I have been thinking about how to tack the daily household chores but have not settled on anything yet. I will have my kids sign up for the summer reading program with the library. That worked out nicely last year because Rebecca was drawn for one of the grand prizes at the end. That might help to motivate her to read again this summer. Last summer they had to keep up with school work and I will do that again this summer but it might be a little bit different. Also last year I bought a family pool pass to the community pool, but I did not get my monies worth out of it so I don't think I will do that again. I don't know but I will have to figure it out quick.

As for life outside of the kid's school it is pretty much the same. Joe still hasn't secured a job yet and even worse is things don't look promising anywhere. I think I am going to have to go back to work because he will not be able to make enough on his own. Anywhere he goes it will be starting at he bottom and working his way up from there. I think that really SUCKS because he has 7 years of call center experience with some of that time as a manager and then 3 years teaching experience and almost two years with EJ. I am really worried I don't know what we are going to do and time and money have run out.

Kiley is almost eight months and growing like a weed. She is finally smiling and laughing a little bit more. No signs of crawling yet. She still only has her two bottom teeth. She is starting to vry so I will have to end for now.

No comments: