Friday, May 30, 2008

Joe has a Job!!

I would like to begin by thanking everyone for your prayers on our behalf. I know it is because of the countless prayers you have offered along with our family that we were able to make it to this point. We have been sitting on pins and needles for the last month waiting for them to complete a background check and make him a firm offer. It finally happened today- they officially offered him a job!

He begins his new job on Monday, June 9. He will be working for a company called USAA. It offers a wide range of services to members of the military and their families. His official title is financial advisor and he will be doing the same thing he was for Edward Jones. The biggest difference is that it will all be incoming calls (people seeking him out for help not him trying to find people with money). Another big difference is that it will provide a salary instead of straight commission.

We are very excited about this position as we have talked to many people who work for the company and they have nothing bad to say. There is room for Joe to move up within the company. This also opens the door for us to be able to take advantage of a lot of great products/services they offer. This is a very good thing.

1 comment:

Debra said...

That's great! It sounds like a nice job.

I, too, was offered a job today. I am finally officially working for the company I've been temping at, which means more money and benefits.

:)