Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Nothing to say

I realize it has been a few weeks since I have written anything here, but I have hit writer's block. I can't think of anything exciting to write about or even anything worth whining about. We are all alive and kicking. I guess I will give a run down of each person.

Joe- (dad) hates his new job. He is so over qualified for it. He is so bored that he spends much of this time at work texting me. He has done a few very simple things for this company which has really helped them out. To many at his job he walks on water. It sounds to me like he is doing his own thing and work and nobody bothers him because he is so good at what he has done for them. He has been called as the Ward Employment Specialist for our new ward.

Me- (mom) I do my usual motherly duties day in and day out- cooking, cleaning, diapering, feeding, taxi driver, etc. I have no ward calling at this time but I am an assistant to our Stake Preparedness Specialist. I have had this calling since about Aug and I still dont really know what that means. I have not been asked to do anything but help set up chairs for a meeting back in August.

Rebecca- just played the piano last week in a school talent show and she did a good ok. We have beening trying to convince her to buckle down on school work and that homework must come before play. That has finally paid off now that she is half way through the third quarter. Parent Teacher Conferences were last week and she has great grades.

Savannah- is so excited for tomorrow. She is going to donate her hair to "Locks of Love" at school. She did this two years ago and has been growing her hair out since then so she could do it again. I am excited because she has long, think hair which she cant/doesn't comb and I have to beg her to let me comb it for her everyday.

Little Joe- is starting to read. He is into trying to sound everything out, stretching out words, and rhyming words. He is looking forward to Sunday (and has been for almost a year), his 6th birthday. (I can't beleive that he is 6 already. Where has the time gone?)

Kiley- the little weed. At five months now, I think she is finally settleing into a schedule. She is sleeping longer at night and that is very nice. I started feeding her solids off and on about a month ago. I have just decided to give them to her on a more regular schedule. Look for more pictures of her posted here soon.

Well, I think that does it and I am being paged. Someone is trying to tell me I can ignore her no longer.

PS- You will have to forgive me for all the spelling mistakes. I have never been good at spelling and this program will not let me spellcheck what I write. Sorry!

1 comment:

Debra said...

It's nice to hear what everyone is up to. What may seem like small news to you is nice to hear to know what's going on. I don't get enough of that. Sorry Joe doesn't like his job. I hope he finds something taht he enjoys and soon.