I have to admit this challenge as been harder than I thought it would be but I am proud to say I think I have completed three different kindness projects.
1) I wrote individual letters to each beehive in my class (six girls). This is something I have wanted to do for some time but finding the motivation and time to do it were the real challenges. I was also worried about what I would write to each one of the girls but as I began writing things came to me. My hopes in doing this project is to help harvest a stronger bond between each girl and myself.
2) I watched a baby for a woman in our ward who was trying to pack up her house to move. She clearly did not want help packing but was having a hard time getting it done with her son around so I watched him for a few hours each day while she packed. I lost track of the days and hours I spent watching him but I knew his mother had concerns about other watching him. (I had watched him before when she decided she needed to go back to work). I offered help were I could and that is all that matters in this case.
3) I helped out at my husband's school with their School Block Party this past Friday night. While he was the one of asked me to help I still count this because this was a service I offered others when I could have been spending time playing with my children at this event.
I am sure there are other smaller acts of kindness/service that I do without even really thinking about it but these are the ones I have made a point to focus on. What's next I am not sure at this point but I will keep looking. I think I am going to try to be more mindful of what I say to my own children this week. I will let you know how that goes later.
1 comment:
I'm proud of you! Way to go! You are doing way better than I have been! You are always such a good example to me. Thank you so much!
Post a Comment