Monday, September 19, 2011

The Kindness Project

Let me start off by saying that I can not take credit for this idea. It was presented to me yesterday at church by our RS President. I do like the idea behind this project and that is why I share it with you. So many of us seem to be in the same slump that maybe as we work together to shift our focus to others and what we can do for them we might in turn be lifted from our slump.
Details of the project- Time frame- one month

Start by setting our own personal kindness goal. (Do one kind thing every day, do one kind thing every other day, help one family a week.) Make it whatever YOU feel you can offer.

Take your goal to the Lord, tell Him you want to help people and he will open our eyes and ears so you can see the needs around you. Think about ways you can help.

Then follow through with those thoughts and feelings. Great or small, put you ideas into action. As we all do little things, we can make one big difference.

Some suggestions of ideas to get you started-
Read stories to a child, meet your neighbors, weed a garden, do your home/visiting teaching, pay for the groceries (or lunch) of the person behind you, call a friend, make and share a meal, give a sincere compliment, do someone else's chores, share the Book of Mormon, write a thank you note, Smile and invite someone to sit by you

Our RS provided us with a little pocket sized Memo book and has encouraged us to write down our ideas, thoughts, feels, goals, plans, and outcomes. As we write down these things we will hopefully be able to see growth within ourselves and how WE CAN make a difference.

Anyone want to join me in the Project?

I already know what my first goal is going to be. It is something I have been wanting to do for some time.  The plan is to have it finished by the end of the week.  I will report when it is complete. 

1 comment:

Jesmyluk said...

What a great idea...will have to think about how & what I'd want to do!