One Sunday Morning we woke up to snow on the ground. Because it doesn't snow often we allowed the kids to go outside and play in it for a bit. By the time we got out of church it was all but gone.
The schools out here are on a modified year round schedule so the kids got two weeks off for Spring Break. One of those weeks just happened to be the same week their cousins we off. So Jarica (8 months older that Rebecca) came and spent a couple of day with us in Tucson and then Rebecca and Savannah went back to Phoenix to spend a couple of days with her at her house. They love to take pictures whenever they are together.
The school Joe works for required all of the staff to be at Prom so I dressed up and we went to Prom. We only danced to one song, which Joe made me request, because the music played was not much to dance to. It was fun to get dressed up and go out without and kids.
Then there was Easter. Finding nice, modest dresses for the older girls and myself was not easy. We spent hours and went to way too many store before I think they just settled for what they got. I would like to add that taken pictures of one kids is hard but holy cow taking pictures of four or five at a time proved to be impossible. This is the best we could get.
Joe has been called to be the Cubmaster for Scouts at church. He has also been asked to help with the Weblos. He keeps busy with work and school (he is working on a History Masters).
I have been called as one of four Beehive Adviser for our ward. I don't get out of the house much so there is nothing exciting to report.
Rebecca is excited and nervous because she will be promoted from middle school to high school in two weeks. She submitted a speech for a contest to see who would be reading their speech at promotion. I have not heard an word from her on how that turned out. I do think it would be great and funny if she makes it because she has only been at this school for a semester and not three years. When have been to the high school to see the campus and select the classes she is interested in taking.
Savannah jumped right in an joined the school's choir and they have performed twice since we moved here. She was also invited to join the NJHS program at her school and is looking forward to being in junior high next school year.
Little Joe has been working hard to get caught up to his classmates. He loves to read and play video games. Since moving he has not spent much time working on Scouting stuff but with Joe's calling I am hoping that it will change.
Kiley and Sarah are each growing in their own identities. Kiley longs for the day that she will be old enough to go to school and learn "real stuff". I am constantly amazed at the things she is learning from watching the tv shows on PBS. (Most are good things.) Sarah is starting to talk and make more sense. We bought the Your Baby Can Read DVDs and she LOVES them. She will sit and watch it at least once a day. Many days she wants it on again. I figure it can't hurt her to keep watching it and she is not bored of the same two videos yet. I can see some benefit to them but not as great as they say so. But then again I am not sure I am using them in the best way. I have not watched the parent DVD that came with them. Sarah also wants to be wherever I am. She is now sitting in my while trying to help me type this. She is too cute for everyone's good.
And with that I am going to wrap it up and say if you are reading this I really miss you.
2 comments:
Oh I enjoyed the pictures and cAnt believe how big Sara is your kids seem to be adapting good! My daughter misses the kids! Keep blogging it's nice! I am glad your all doing well and way to go on the school stuff girls!
Wow looking at that we have done alot this "year" I think I only performed once not twice. I only performed at the chior concert, but who knows. I just thought I would share that I love you posts about the family.
Post a Comment