Monday, August 16, 2010

Back to school time!

Yes, it is that time of year again!  Time to send the big kids back to school.  (Actually today is the start of the second week of school.)  Rebecca is in 8th grade, Savannah is in 6th grade, and Joe is in 3rd grade.  The kids all have mixed emotions about going back to school because they are not returning to the same school they left.  (They all appear to have survived the first week ok.) 

Dad made a job (and career change back to the education field) and since he will no longer be heading to work in the direction of the kids' school they will be going to the school by our home.  While I am glad that I will no longer have to spend 2 hours a day in the car getting the kids from school, I have my own mixed emotions about the switch.  I am excited that I can be more involved in their education by being in the school to help out more, but I am nervous about the quality of education they will be getting.  We attended Meet the Teacher night but were only able to meet Savannah's and Joe's teachers.  While the teachers seem like they will be great our previous experiences with this school and district have been less then desirable.  I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and hope they don't let me down.

Kiley is going through her own adjustment period now that the kids are back in school.  She doesn't know what to do all day long and is constantly asking if I will call her friends and invite them over to play.  When she has friends over she is good for about two hours then she gets bored and doesn't know what to do.  I was hoping with the kids back in school I could reinstate nap time but that is not going so well and the problem is that she really needs a nap. 

Sarah continues to be cute little Sarah.  She is just over 10 months and crawls but not like normal babies.  I have never seen a baby move like she does.  She scoots around the floor on her bottom.  I don't know what to do with her.  She now has her two bottom teeth in and appears to be working on the top too.  She eats lots of table food and not so much baby food. 

As for me I am here everyday with my two little ones and my computer.  As long as I have some kind of connection to life outside my front door I should be ok.  I am still working on my picture taking skills and my photoshopping skills.  I am proud to say I have learned how to do a few new things in each area but I will have to continue to work on both. 

We're going back, back, back to school again!

1 comment:

Debra said...

I don't remember you being as goofy as your kids, but I love you & them! Hope everything works out for the kids with the school change and for Joe with the job change. I can't believe how old they are getting!