Rebecca turned 12 in August and today she was called and set apart as the 1st counselor in her Beehive class presidency as church. I know she has no idea what this calling includes but I know that it will be a great experience for her. She has a great ability to care for others and she wants everyone to feel included. When we told her it would be her responsibility to help plan and carry out the weekly mutual activities she got really excited. I told her that was only the beginning.
3 comments:
wow! that's so exciting! it seems like just yesterday I was in her shoes!
Many days I think it just is not possible for her to be so old already. It is nice though because we have a built in babysitter that doesn't always expect to get paid (and she doesn't).
Congratulations Rebecca! Those leadership positions are really learning experiences... you learn about serving in the church and loving people in the church. I'm sure you'll do fantastic!
Post a Comment