October started out a bit stressful trying to get the house clean and things ready for the arrival of baby number 5. Do to the independent nature of baby number 5, things did not get as prepared as I would have liked them to. I was scheduled for an induction on Friday, October 9th, but she decided not to wait that long. I started having regular contractions on Sunday, October 4th while watching General Conference. By about 7 pm that night when I realized that they were not going away I decided that I should time them to see how far apart the were. I clocked them at four minuets apart for about the next 45 minuets before I called the Dr. I was told to go ahead and go to the hospital and see what happens. So at 8 pm Joe and I left the kids at home and went to the hospital. After confirming that I was indeed having contractions (which were not doing much) my Dr decided to just break my water to help me out. In the past that has been all the help I need but this time everything was totally different. Shortly after my Dr. broke my water all contractions stopped. He then hooked me up to the drip to help get things restarted. Well to make my longest labor and delivery shorter, I will just say that about 5 hours later (2:27 AM) Sarah Kay made her entrance into this world (weighing 7lbs. 3 ozs). Did she ever have a story to tell and telling it she did for the next two and a half hours.
Despite the wrench in my plans and expectations for labor and delivery, we are all glad that Sarah is finally here. She has been a very laid back baby. She doesn't cry unless she is hungry or needs her diaper changed. There has been some concern over the fact that she did not make it back up to her birth weight by the time she was two weeks old. She will be three weeks old in a couple of day, and I am suppose to take her back in and have her weight checked again. I hope and pray that she is ok. There are no outward signs that anything is wrong. We will just have to wait and see.
Here are a few pictures of her.
1 comment:
Well, I'm leaving Facebook (unless I change my mind before my account is permanently deleted), so I hope you keep up the blogs.
And 5 hours isn't long at all for labor! I hope my labor is 5 hours or less!
Post a Comment