Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas Revisited

Now that the holidays are behinds us it is time for a holiday recap. Because it could get long I will do individual posts so you have a better chance of making it through one before you have to do something else or get to bored.

We had a very nice and somewhat quiet Christmas. Joe had to work on Christmas Eve (CE) but after work we went to his families traditional CE party. Here we exchange gifts with each family and the kids put on a live nativity. This year there was a scripted program with some songs included to help set the tone for the nativity. The kids had fun playing a bells for a couple of songs. After the party we carry out or own CE tradition of driving around the neighborhood I grow up in (Moon Valley). This year we piled my brother's kids into the back of the truck with our kids. We love to look at all the lights and on CE many of the streets are lined with luminaries. It is a sight to see. We love it!

Christmas morning was the typical wake up and open presents. The kids made out like bandits this year. I gave in and Joe and I bought them a Wii and some additional games. At about 9 am the missionaries in our ward joined us for a simple breakfast (Hot Cocoa and Cinnamon Rolls). After breakfast we taught them how to play "It Came to Pass" and we are proud to say that one missionary is addicted to it. They needed a place to call home so after a few rounds of the game they used our cell phones to call home. After the calls they wanted to play the game some more so we play with them until about 3pm. They had plans with another set of missionaries for dinner. Shortly after they left Joe went and picked up his mom, two brothers, and one sister. Then came out to our home for dinner and some friendly games of bowling on the Wii (even Grandma McKnight played!). We did not get to see any of my family for Christmas because the rest of those that live close by went up to Utah.

The day after Christmas Joe had to go to work so there wasn't much time for playing. However, one of Joe's nephews was getting married on Saturday in Las Vegas so we decided to take a short trip up there for his wedding. He was Lucky enough to get off of work early on Friday so as soon as he got home and we were really to go off we went. We arrived at about dinner time. Thank goodness for Walmarts and McDonalds because we came a little unprepared for our trip so we were able to get what we needed and get dinner at the same time. We camped out in a condo complex that Joe's oldest brother worked on. (I don't know what he does but it was free.) It was a very nice place just down for the Strip. We were there for the Wedding and Reception on Saturday and drove home on Sunday because Joe had to be back to work on Monday morning.

Look for New Year's and our first ER trip of the year later today. Kiley is up from her nap and wants lunch.

1 comment:

Debra said...

I am ashamed to say it, but I totally forgot all about that game. It is a lot of fun, but it's been quite a while since I've played it because it takes 3 people to play. I'll have to see if I can find it so the next time someone is here we can play it.