Thursday, February 25, 2010

Small things that make a difference

This year instead of setting goals (that I knew I would not keep) I have decided to make more of an effort to do some small things that make a difference in how I feel.


1. Do more with my outward appearance. Get dressed every day (even if I have nowhere to go). Make sure my hair is fixed if I leave the house to go anywhere. (Even if it just to get the kids from school.) Put on makeup if I am going somewhere. (I think a little goes a long way.)

2. Clean what I can and don’t worry about the rest. My main daily focus is on the rooms I have to see while I am home (the family room and kitchen). Then if someone stops by unexpectedly I don’t feel like trash. I am beginning to think I need to add the kids bathroom incase someone wants to use it. (Their idea of clean is embarrassing to me.)

3. Do something besides watching tv all day. While I don’t consider myself good at anything, there are things I like to do. I like to scrapbook and have started a book for almost all of my kids but not one is finished. I love to bake and share. I don’t really like to read but I feel like I should to set an example for my children.

4. Don’t be so hard on myself. I am only one person and one person can only do so much. I am the one that chooses to do something or not.

While these are just a few areas I struggle with on a daily basis, I know that when I make more of an effort to do these things I feel so much better about myself. Some days (ok most) it is hard to find the motivation to do these things but that is when I need to do them the most.

2 comments:

Karena Alyse said...

sounds like some great ideas. i'm not a big fan of scrapbooking myself, but i do enjoy using digital pictures and scrapbooking on the computer. i recently got some software for creating picture projects on the computer. let me know if you want to borrow it so you can download it on yours. it might help you finish those scrapbooks you have already started.

love you!

Debra said...

I think those sound like good things to focus extra energy on.