I have not written in a while because I am not sure what to say and I have been busy and sidetracked. So here is what I can come up with.
Let's start with Joe (dad)- on Wednesday of this past week he had the long awaited surgery on his right knee. We were told that there was most likely a tear in his meniscus. We arrived at the Banner Thunderbird Out Patient Surgical center at 9am for his 11:30 surgery. The surgery did not start until 1pm and his short 15-20 minute surgery turned into more like 40 minutes. The Dr came out and told me that he did not really see anything wrong with his knee. He did discover that he has an abnormally large meniscus and a small amount of cartilage under his knee cap. He removed the cartilage but was unsure if that is what has been causing so much pain. We left the center a little after 3 pm. Needless to say it was a very long day. Joe is spending his time recovering watching TV all day and most of the night. He finds it difficult to sleep due to a lack of comfort.
Me (mom)- I am dealing with the typical mom stuff. I am trying to help Joe be as comfortable as possible. He seems to sleep best during the day so I have to try and keep four kids entertained and quiet. Then Kiley has been sick for a couple of days and she is not a happy sick person. When not taking care of dad or the kids, I am eating. I have the overall feeling of blah all day long. I have found that if I eat a little bit every few hours then I don't feel so bad. It is a big pain but I do what I have to do to get from day to day.
The kids- well they are kids. It is school, computers, occasionally playing outside, homework, and chores for the three older ones. They are almost through the third quarter of school. Spring Break is in a couple of weeks. What am I going to do? Then before I know it school will be out for the summer.
Kiley keeps busy in her own little world where she is always on the move. If I don't keep a close eye on her she will disappear in a split second. She is somewhat interested in the potty. I am not forcing she use it only putting her on it when she wants. Some days are better then others. I cant help but thing how nice it would be to have her out of diapers before the next little one is here. Here is wishing!
No comments:
Post a Comment